Nexus Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An evil dictator has taken over most of the multiverse, and has transported selected individuals to an immense spacecraft. They are under strict rule, and only the Resistance can save them.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time has Passed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Funds: 0
Health:
Time has Passed Left_bar_bleue150/150Time has Passed Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Power Points:
Time has Passed Left_bar_bleue50/50Time has Passed Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock

A proposal between two aspiring individuals on-board the Nexus had been struck not too long ago. It was an agreement to assist each other in the pursuit of power and control. Alliances were already being forged in the early society on the ship. Nearly everyone craved security; safety was one of the most basic needs for those who could be destroyed. Even Athanasios, in his undead form, was not invulnerable. Immortal? Yes. Potent enough to ensure his own protection in most cases? Relatively correct. Destructible? Absolutely. Thus, Epah had briefly discussed with Swindle the notion of making a joint effort to get what they desired on this ship. However, Swindle pressed to consider this offer first. Being the impatient soul that he was, the Lasombra gave Swindle three days to formulate a decision.

And time was up.

"Hello? Is Swindle here?" the child called out as he firmly knocked on the door to Swindle and Shane's unit. His face wore a pleasant smile as he waited for a response. The boy was quite eager for the Cybetronian's choice. It would be quite prosperous for Thanos if Swindle accepted. If not, it meant cleaning up this leak of information that he risked for the possibility of grand schemes for power.
Back to top Go down
Swindle

Swindle

Character Sheet
Health:
Time has Passed Left_bar_bleue100/100Time has Passed Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Power Points:
Time has Passed Left_bar_bleue25/25Time has Passed Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:03 pm

The door opened and Swindle stood there, greeting the child. "Good day, sir Ephah. I can guess why you're here." He had his hands behind his back, his face looked relatively normal rather than panicking or upset in any way. Swindle moved to the side of the door, motioning his arm out, "If you want to come in, you may, I'm the only one here at the moment." This was going to be a little... awkward and a lot of pressure on him... but he didn't really have much choice, did he?
Back to top Go down
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Politely nodding at Swindle, Athanasios walked through the threshold into the unit. The room seemed to be modified to accommodate for the Cybetronian. The Lasombra would keep this spaciousness in mind.

"Thank you, Swindle." the ten year old cheerily replied, seeming relatively content.

"And your guess is correct; I am here to bring some closure to the offering. It has become time for you to make a choice, Cybetronian." he added as he calmly paced around the room. Thanos was relaxed and at ease, feeling to have the leverage in this situation.

Sharply turning to face Swindle, the mafia boss stared into Swindle's optics. "What's it going to be, Swindle?"
Back to top Go down
Swindle

Swindle

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:44 pm

"I actually have a choice?", he smiled and shrugged a bit at the boy, placing his hands behind his back again. "I choose yes, since it's the only option that seems open." Swindle held up a hand, "however... I'd like to mention that if I've going to die or get hurt in anyway, please tell me now, mainly to make sure I KNOW exactly what I'm getting into." He sounded firm and serious, and he intended on getting a STRAIGHT answer. A yes or a no. Not something that'll answer around it. If he didn't get a straight answer, then at least something he KNEW which answer the boy meant.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:12 pm

The cainite smirked at the Cybertronian's response. Swindle obviously saw the position that he was in. Oh how Thanos loved sewing the seeds of manipulation and reaping the harvest of victory. He now had Swindle as an associate. However, the ten year old was not a complete monster in his quest for power; the metallic being was not just a tool, but a co-conspirator. Taking away the layers of pride, the Lasombra needed Swindle --for only so much could be done by himself. It was not just cannon fodder that the mafia boss needed, but trusted allies. Loyalty and trust work both ways between people. If he wanted to build a stable power hold, he needed to make strong relationships with those he had on his side.

"I will not harm or kill you, Swindle. It would not be honorable to harm those who you work with. I should hope for my safety that you also follow be some sort of morale code. But I am sure we won't run into problems like that. Besides, my main focus is on how we go about finding something profitable around here." the child coolly explained, motionless as he looked deep into the electric eyes.
Back to top Go down
Swindle

Swindle

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Profitable? A faint cash register 'ding' sound could be heard. The source of the noise sounded like it was Swindle's head. Because it was. A wide smile appeared on the robot's face but only for a moment, before quickly fading back into a small smile. "Profitable, you say? And NO killing or backstabbing? I'm still going to be wary, but again, you've used the RIGHT words to grow back my interest," Swindle seemed a little confident. Maybe this kid was his ticket to getting what he wanted from higher command; money, a little power to gain more profit, a way out possibly...

He didn't have a choice honestly in saying yes or no, however he hadn't really thought about his options that would benefit him from saying yes. A few things merely popped into his head at the moment, but all still very very good and tempting. "So, I am your assistant? Associate? Partner? What would you prefer to call me, Sir Ephah?", he kept up the formality of calling the child 'sir', wanting to keep on his good side, like all good businessmen, and bots, would.
Back to top Go down
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:19 am

"I assure you; I will not harm you." the Lasombra commented, wondering how many times he would have to repeat this.

"Anyways, you are whatever you feel comfortable with. I would like to think of you as a partner, as you are the first one I have made arrangements with. Still, you are most definitely an associate. Would you agree?" Athanasios explained to Swindle, his nose twitching as he lightly sniffed the air.

The boy began to wander around the unit again, running a hand through his hair. The cybertronian showed obvious signs of caution. Thanos Ephah would remember that in future planning. In fact, the cainite observed everything he could about Swindle. It was wise to understand others of interest; most people are creatures of habit. By understanding a pattern in someone's behavior, it was possible to get in their mind and predict the best tactic to use.

"So what are we thinking we should plan on doing first, Swindle? I'd like to start devising our current objectives. Tell me what you got." the mafia boss inquired, internally eager.
Back to top Go down
Swindle

Swindle

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Suppose I'll trust him for now, but not fully...
Swindle nodded. "Yes, I agree." He watched the boy stare at him, something he didn't approve of. Just bad memories involving staring... learning little quirks Swindle has and have had... reminded him of some bad past experiences, but that's why you learn from those, right? He didn't twitch or irk or anything, nor looked hateful as Ephah looked around him and also around the area. He tilted his head at the boy's question, "Hm? Objectives? I'd imagine gaining some form of 'power' would be a start." How does one gain power on a place like this?

Simple. Like with any dictator, one needs to spy in any means. Growing closer somehow in relationship status or perhaps spying equipment near the dictator, it'd be a simple but very tricky thing to do. Putting on a mask and pretending to be concerned or learn more about this place innocently rather than be straightforward is also another plan. There were many options to gaining power, but all usually lead to the same path if they failed; most likely death. Swindle sighed loudly, "Hm. Getting close to people here who have some amount of power could help. Looking at naive, powerful people. And power doesn't have to mean physical... more like if someone is close friends to whoever is in charge here, start with them, work your way up."

His optics blinked and then looked elsewhere for a moment, "Taking control of something minor can usually lead to major results, as well..."
Back to top Go down
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:31 pm

On, off, on, off, on

Playing with a lamp, Athanasios contemplated Swindle's suggestions with concentrated analysis. Working their way into connections with other prominent people was definitely a key focus in the early stages of this game of chess; it was what motivated the child to reach out to Swindle --the rewards shortly following.

"Yes, that is surely an effort we must make. I would say that the Dictator and the Second-In-Command are obvious targets to form some sort of bond with. Not likely as friends, for they seem to distance themselves from the prisoners on the ship. It would be hard to form a friendship with the main two powerhouses. However, trust and favor can still be developed. They may not care much for companions but they probably appreciate hardworking, helpful, and trustworthy workers. It would be beneficial if we managed to integrate ourselves into the Nexus by means of assistance. Whenever the Dictator needs something to be done, it would be wise to do it for him. Not only would it put us in good favor with him, but it would let us see what the Dictator is trying to do." the ten year old monologued.

off

"But we can not only look at the obvious sources of power; the other prisoners can still be means of developing our foundation." the Lasombra added. "However it is still to early to decide who the people of interest are."

on
Back to top Go down
Swindle

Swindle

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Prisoners... What a funny word to describe everyone here. Although, it's true. Not being able to leave... that's something that Swindle desperately wanted. Needed. He always traveled. Never could stay in the same place for too long. Drove him nuts. "Yes... those close to the Dictator and S-I-C... it's a good idea to try and get them on your side. Though... it's easier to get a rat that way, too..." Swindle looked down at Ephah, smiling a bit at his comment, but meaning nothing by it about himself, of course. Why squander a perfectly good opportunity?

"I suppose I'll have to ask the Dictator for a shop to sell my goods?", he asked. "I'm quite easy to negotiate and get along with, so... I'm certain this can be accomplished..."
Back to top Go down
Athanasios Ephah

Athanasios Ephah

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 pm

As Swindle talked, Athanasios unscrewed the light bulb from the lamp he was playing with. The light became unlit as it popped out of the socket. The young boy curiously inspected the orb, or so he acted. The Cybertronian's words rang in Thanos Ephah's ears. Yes, he would have to be careful with whom he trusted and befriended. There were most likely plenty other rats in this sewer; some people could simply be seeming to be interested and turn out to back stab the mafia boss when his guard was done. However, the Lasombra was a decent manipulator; the shadow master was versed in controlling much more than tangible darkness.

Yes, a shop. Business was the forefront of the mafia; a store meant economic gain and a veil to hide other transactions. This was an excellent idea in Ephah's eyes.

"But of of course, Swindle. I was about to suggest that myself." the vampire responded, slightly lying. Whether it was from testing Swindle's initiative or not coming up with the idea, the shadow master would not say. However, it was most likely the later. Still, it sounded better coming out of his mouth.

"And I will maintain a close eye out for prominent individuals who we want on our side and promising economic ventures. Perhaps if things started picking up pace, I could start beginning some of my social plans I have in-store for the population of the ship. But that is for the future. Anyways, I am going to investigate the Second-In-Command. That disturbing creature seems to be lurking in its shadow for a reason; there are bound to be secrets that it holds. I intend on finding them out." Athanasios explained, tossing the light bulb from hand to hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time has Passed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time has Passed   Time has Passed Empty

Back to top Go down

Time has Passed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nexus Dawn :: The Nexus :: Main Deck :: Males' Living Quarters-
Jump to: