Nexus Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An evil dictator has taken over most of the multiverse, and has transported selected individuals to an immense spacecraft. They are under strict rule, and only the Resistance can save them.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A meal and good conversation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Funds: 0
Health:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue150/150A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Power Points:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue50/50A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

A meal and good conversation Empty
PostSubject: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 am

This is...different Trotting briskly down the halls to the dining area had provided enough time for a nervous twinge to settle in Shane's stomach. He was glad to know the reason for it; this was the first meal he was going to share with someone that wasn't Warp, or a grub, or a brain pod, or himself.

Slowing to a walk, Shane stepped into the dining area and looked around. There were several different types of food, sectioned around the wall of the dining area, and a cantina and a bar in the back. Picking an open table for two near the front, Shane took a seat and waited for Ahsoka to arrive. Any moment now.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue100/100A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Power Points:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue25/25A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am

Ahsoka entered the dining hall and looked around, quickly spotting Shane. Her date? …Well, Jedi don’t date, but that sure never stopped Anakin. Frankly, Ahsoka thought that the whole thing with him and Padmé was pretty cute. Sure put him in a good mood, sometimes.

She smiled at the thought and gave Shane a wave, hurrying over to the table. “Hi!” she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue150/150A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Power Points:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue50/50A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 am

"Hello." A confident smile stretched across Shane's face as he politely stood when Ahsoka approached the table. He could already tell it was going to be impossible for him to shake the nervous bug. "So, um...You wanna go get something to eat?"

Gah! Couldn't you come up with anything better to say to her, stupid!? He would just have to have a "talk" with Warp about what to say in such situations, later.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue100/100A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Power Points:
A meal and good conversation Left_bar_bleue25/25A meal and good conversation Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Ahsoka’s grin widened, and she nodded. “Yeah! Yeah, I’m starving—let’s go!” She impulsively grabbed Shane’s wrist and pulled him over to the buffet line, grabbing a tray for herself.
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Shane smirked as he got in line behind Ahsoka, and picked up one of the trays. It wasn't every night he was invited to have dinner with a young lady. It wasn't any night, until now, for that matter. "So, what's a P-p-padawan," he asked, shuffling down the buffet line, graggind utensils and a napkin.

((Psst. Look at your inbox here!!))
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:16 am

Ahsoka laughed, beginning to fill her plate. “Padawan’s just an old word for apprentice. You know, like a young person apprenticing himself to a craftsman, or a knight teaching his squire? It’s like that.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 am

Shane nodded. "Hm, I see. Well it's a new word back here." He knew he'd somehow managed to miss the humor of his question, but that was just the way he was when he was learning new things. Utterly and completely focused on the information.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

Ahsoka nodded, dumping a spoonful of some kind of golden, pulpy fruit on her plate. “So, how ‘bout you? What exactly do you do?”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm

"I..." Shane stared at the serving of sliced peaches that he had just scooped onto his plate as he tried to put his job into professional terms. A threat eliminator...keep tabs on the boss' associates...hitman, bounty hunter, there were several ways to say it, but no two ways about it. He lowered his voice slightly and said, "I kill people, aliens, whatever. It's...what I'm trained for. And I'm good at it." He said it as matter-of-factly as he could, but couldn't deny the twinge of excitement he felt.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am

“Mm.” Ahsoka knew what that meant—that meant that, back in her galaxy, they would more than likely be on opposite sides. Shane was the kind of person the Jedi would have gone after prior to the Clone Wars. “I’ll bet,” she murmured noncommittally. “So you’re Fringe, then?”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

"Something like that." Shane smiled mentally, remembering all the crazy things he had done in his off-duty hours. But he wasn't about to go into detail about where exactly he lived. Not that it mattered, but he wanted to be safe. "What about you? What's your story?"
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Ooo, was that veggie slaw? Ahsoka loved veggie slaw! She dumped two big spoonfuls onto her plate and said, “I was ‘discovered’ by a Jedi Master when I was three—Master Plo Koon. He took me back to the Jedi Temple with him, and I grew up there. Thirteen’s usually the age limit for younglings to be picked as apprentices—after that, they’re usually shipped out to the AgriCorps or something like that. Something that still helps the Jedi Order but doesn’t involve being a Knight.”

She met his eyes briefly. “I was lucky. The Council said I had a lot of potential, and kept me on a little over a year past my thirteenth birthday when I wasn’t chosen. About a year into the Clone Wars, Master Yoda and Master Obi-Wan decided to pair me up with Jedi Anakin Skywalker. I saw frontline action right away.” She grinned thoughtfully. “Pretty wild, really.”

Huh, well whaddaya know? They actually allowed desserts on this oversized prison. She scooped up a slice of chocolate cake and moved back from the buffet line, finished now. “Being a Jedi, well… that kinda means that, in a normal situation, you and I would be on opposite ends of the law.” She scrunched her face up briefly. “Jedi are normally peacekeepers and, well, they can double as police and detectives and undercover agents—all kinds of stuff. Upholding the law is one of our top priorities.”

She grinned roguishly. “Which means that, you, mister, would probably be in big trouble if I caught you in the act of performing one of your missions.” She waggled her eyebrows briefly.
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Quote :
She grinned thoughtfully. "Pretty wild, really."

"I can imagine." Shane said, giving himself a generous serving of salad. All this information was very interesting to Shane. He wondered if he might ever be able to go there and see what it was like, or rather, how much he could get away with. "Your Jedi sound a lot like my Space Rangers." He grabbed the bottle of Italian dressing and fairly drowned his salad with it before picking up a slice of carrot cake and a glass of water.

He smiled, almost deviously at Ahsoka's comment as he turned to leave the buffet line."That's okay. Most people I meet up with are on your side of the law anyhow." His smile stayed put as he headed for their table and said, "But you've already run into your first obstacle. First two actually." He paused to set his tray down and take his seat. "You'd have to catch me performing, and then you would have to catch me. Both of those are things that even Buzz Lightyear has yet to accomplish. Granted I haven't been "in the field" that long, but still..."

Shane made a conscious effort to straighen his grin as he dove into his meal. Having something besides his face muscles to contort his expression helped, but the smirk didn't fully disappear.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Quote :
"Your Jedi sound a lot like my Space Rangers."
“That’s the impression I’ve gotten from Captain Lightyear,” Ahsoka nodded, her voice tinged with admiration. She’d also gotten the impression that Buzz Lightyear had his quirks, but then, so did the guys she fought with day in and day out back home. Buzz was a good man, and he reminded her of both Skyguy and Master Obi-Wan.

“Still have one-up on them, though,” she grinned. “Doubt any of your Rangers can use the Force.”

Quote :
He smiled, almost deviously at Ahsoka's comment as he turned to leave the buffet line. “That’s okay. Most people I meet up with are on your side of the law anyhow." His smile stayed put as he headed for their table and said, "But you've already run into your first obstacle. First two actually." He paused to set his tray down and take his seat. "You'd have to catch me performing, and then you would have to catch me. Both of those are things that even Buzz Lightyear has yet to accomplish. Granted I haven't been ‘in the field’ that long, but still..."
“Oh, no problem,” Ahsoka said breezily, taking her own seat. “The Captain probably just never got around to going after you. And I have caught a bounty hunter in the act before, I’ll have you know, and boy, did he owe me big.” Her face darkened slightly as she took a sip of water. “Cad Bane, a Duros. Umm, non-human, tall, thin, wiry, blue skin, red eyes. Deadly man.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Quote :
“That’s the impression I’ve gotten from Captain Lightyear,” Ahsoka nodded, her voice tinged with admiration.
Shane raised an eyebrow, his eyes dancing slightly. "I think you'll get quite a few impressions from Captain Lightyear if you hang around him enough."
Quote :
“Still have one-up on them, though,” she grinned. “Doubt any of your Rangers can use the Force.”
"None that I know of," Shane said, taking a sip of his water. "But, you'll discover that the dear captain has an uncanny ability to predict his opponent's next move."
Quote :
“Oh, no problem,” Ahsoka said breezily, taking her own seat. “The Captain probably just never got around to going after you. And I have caught a bounty hunter in the act before, I’ll have you know, and boy, did he owe me big.” Her face darkened slightly as she took a sip of water. “Cad Bane, a Duros. Umm, non-human, tall, thin, wiry, blue skin, red eyes. Deadly man.”
Shane looked up from his meal and stared at Ahsoka for a moment, his blue-green eyes flickering as though he wanted very badly to speak his mind. Then it passed, and an almost cheerful expression returned to Shane's face. "Your bounty hunter must have been a real handful. Good thing for me, I'm not a bounty hunter." He took another sip of his water. "Have you collected on that favor yet?"
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Quote :
Shane raised an eyebrow, his eyes dancing slightly. "I think you'll get quite a few impressions from Captain Lightyear if you hang around him enough."
“Got that impression already,” Ahsoka said lightly, her big eyes sparkling.

Quote :
"None that I know of," Shane said, taking a sip of his water. "But, you'll discover that the dear captain has an uncanny ability to predict his opponent's next move."
Ahsoka thoughtfully chewed a bite of veggie slaw. “There are people in my galaxy like that that aren’t Jedi or anything. Some think that those people possess latent Force sensitivity, not enough to be Jedi, but enough to gain an edge in what they do.” She shrugged.

Quote :
Shane looked up from his meal and stared at Ahsoka for a moment, his blue-green eyes flickering as though he wanted very badly to speak his mind. Then it passed, and an almost cheerful expression returned to Shane's face. "Your bounty hunter must have been a real handful. Good thing for me, I'm not a bounty hunter." He took another sip of his water. "Have you collected on that favor yet?"
Ahsoka gave him a wry look. “I said I caught the sleemo, didn’t I?” Her expression turned sour. “Yeah, but he got away again.” She growled in frustration. “Sithspawn like Bane always get away.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Quote :
“Got that impression already,” Ahsoka said lightly, her big eyes sparkling.
"You have no idea." Trying to hide behind a mouthful of salad just wasn't going to cut it anymore. A drink might.
Quote :
Ahsoka thoughtfully chewed a bite of veggie slaw. “There are people in my galaxy like that that aren’t Jedi or anything. Some think that those people possess latent Force sensitivity, not enough to be Jedi, but enough to gain an edge in what they do.” She shrugged.

A slight crease appeared as Shane stared across the room for a moment before asking, "Does this Force sensitivity grow with experience, or is it like...set to a certain capacity?"
Quote :
Ahsoka gave him a wry look. “I said I caught the sleemo, didn’t I?” Her expression turned sour. “Yeah, but he got away again.” She growled in frustration. “Sithspawn like Bane always get away.”
"I see." He smiled, almost proudly. Almost. "Yeah, we private killer types tend to be well-schooled in that area."
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:22 am

Quote :
"You have no idea." Trying to hide behind a mouthful of salad just wasn't going to cut it anymore. A drink might.
Ahsoka rolled her eyes. “Oh, smirk or smile already, before you implode.”

Quote :
"Does this Force sensitivity grow with experience, or is it like...set to a certain capacity?"
“Beings who are already Force-sensitive can develop their abilities, but it is something you’re born with. You’re either born Force-sensitive, or you’re not, and that sensitivity depends on how many midichlorians you have per cell in your body.”

Quote :
"I see." He smiled, almost proudly. Almost. "Yeah, we private killer types tend to be well-schooled in that area."
Ahsoka’s face darkened further. “Good for you. Must be so nice to know that you can kill whoever the kriff you want and get away with it.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:42 am

Quote :
Ahsoka rolled her eyes. “Oh, smirk or smile already, before you implode.”

"Okay," Shane said laughingly. He certainly didn't want to implode.

Quote :
“Beings who are already Force-sensitive can develop their abilities, but it is something you’re born with. You’re either born Force-sensitive, or you’re not, and that sensitivity depends on how many midichlorians you have per cell in your body.”

Shane finished up his salad and moved onto the slice of carrot cake. "A person's midichlorian count seems like a strange thing for Force-sensitivity to be dependant on." Oh, this was fun. Especially since there was new information to be had.

Quote :
Ahsoka’s face darkened further. “Good for you. Must be so nice to know that you can kill whoever the kriff you want and get away with it.”

"Now there you're wrong, Ahoska." His voice sounded just a bit offended. "I can't kill whoever I want, and even if I could I wouldn't, and why is hard to explain. You've grown up, learing how to save lives. I've learned how to take them. And no, I don't always agree with it." Shane stopped suddenly, realizing that, in his mind at least, he'd just given away a huge piece of info.
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 am

Quote :
Shane finished up his salad and moved onto the slice of carrot cake. "A person's midichlorian count seems like a strange thing for Force-sensitivity to be dependant on." Oh, this was fun. Especially since there was new information to be had.
“Not actually,” Ahsoka countered mildly. “Midichlorians are microscopic life forms. In my galaxy, everything living has them, and it’s a theory that everything else living in the universe does, too. They’re what connects us to the Force—without them, we would have no knowledge of the Force, no way of touching it.”

Quote :
"Now there you're wrong, Ahoska." His voice sounded just a bit offended. "I can't kill whoever I want, and even if I could I wouldn't, and why is hard to explain. You've grown up, learning how to save lives. I've learned how to take them. And no, I don't always agree with it." Shane stopped suddenly, realizing that, in his mind at least, he'd just given away a huge piece of info.
Ahsoka leaned in, sky-blue eyes intense. “Then why do you do it? I’ve never even killed—I destroy combat droids, instead, and the only times I’ve ever come close to killing have been with people who are hurting other people. If I ever kill, it’ll be to protect.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 am

Quote :
“Not actually,” Ahsoka countered mildly. “Midichlorians are microscopic life forms. In my galaxy, everything living has them, and it’s a theory that everything else living in the universe does, too. They’re what connects us to the Force—without them, we would have no knowledge of the Force, no way of touching it.”

Shane nodded absent-mindedly, as if he were trying to make some sort of connection between the things Ahsoka's universe, and his own. It still sounded strange. "Everything living? You mean, like, plants and animals?"

Quote :
Ahsoka leaned in, sky-blue eyes intense. “Then why do you do it? I’ve never even killed—I destroy combat droids, instead, and the only times I’ve ever come close to killing have been with people who are hurting other people. If I ever kill, it’ll be to protect.”

He paused for a moment. How in the world was he supposed to about telling someone who had never killed anything other than a robot, why he killed actual people. He lowered his voice, nearly to a whisper and said, "I do it because my boss has deemed them a liability to his operation, and he won't do his own dirty work until your dear captain is directly involved. I've laid off eliminating targets once or twice, but I can only do that so many times." he paused again. "If you're anything like me, Ahsoka, you'll understand that I can't stand not pushing the envelope, and that's exactly what I every time I go out into the field."
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 am

Quote :
"Everything living? You mean, like, plants and animals?"
Ahsoka nodded. “I’ve even heard that there’s one canine species that uses the Force to hunt its prey.” She shivered slightly. “So that species really would go after people with higher midichlorian concentrations.”

Quote :
"I do it because my boss has deemed them a liability to his operation, and he won't do his own dirty work until your dear captain is directly involved. I've laid off eliminating targets once or twice, but I can only do that so many times." he paused again. "If you're anything like me, Ahsoka, you'll understand that I can't stand not pushing the envelope, and that's exactly what I every time I go out into the field."
“Pushing the envelope,” Ahsoka echoed quietly, intently studying her food. Guess that meant something like pushing your limits. “I… I’ve ‘pushed the envelope’ before, I guess,” she said, still quietly. “Ended up with a lot of dead men, men under my command, my responsibility, that I’d joked with, swapped stories with, eaten with… just a few hours before.” She looked up. “It wasn’t worth it. Usually isn’t. I almost got myself killed alongside my men, but Anakin and Obi-Wan pulled me out in time. I didn’t even see it coming.”

How could she word it? How could she explain to Shane that they were so similar, that he was just a darker version? That the moment she started thinking like him would be the moment she became what she was fighting?

She wished Skyguy, Master Obi-Wan, and Rex were here. Rex could probably say it the closest to what Ahsoka was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:51 am

Quote :
"Pushing the envelope,” Ahsoka echoed quietly, intently studying her food. Guess that meant something like pushing your limits. “I… I’ve ‘pushed the envelope’ before, I guess,” she said, still quietly. “Ended up with a lot of dead men, men under my command, my responsibility, that I’d joked with, swapped stories with, eaten with… just a few hours before.” She looked up. “It wasn’t worth it. Usually isn’t. I almost got myself killed alongside my men, but Anakin and Obi-Wan pulled me out in time. I didn’t even see it coming.”

Shane sat stock still, listening to Ahsoka as she tryed to explain her feelings. He had had only one experince that was even close to what she was describing, and it wasn't easy for him to remember it. "Your universe wages it's wars in a different manner. My universe is much more focused on small unit tactics, and it's a very rare thing to see whole armies going at one another out in the field. You might call it a quiet war." His tone was very matter-of-fact as he spoke. There really wasn't any other way he could say it. "It's hard not to have a personal attachment to the work."
Back to top Go down
Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 am

“Cold war,” Ahsoka murmured. “We do that, too—did it until all the tension exploded at Geonosis.” She looked at her half-eaten food and found that she really didn’t want to eat anymore. “I, uh, I think I’m done,” she said, standing. “Guess I’m not as hungry as I thought I was.”
Back to top Go down
Shane Corentin

Shane Corentin

Character Sheet
Health:
Power Points:

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 am

If he were the betting type, he would've put money on the explosion being real instead of figurative, not knowing anything about the situation. He stood when Ahsoka did, trying to remember the few things that remained from his pre- and early teen years, and collected his own mostly empty plate and finished off his drink.

"I understand." Shane couldn't help but feel a little guilty at Ahsoka's sudden loss of appetite. But just a little. He himself had gotten over that particular problem by default, on his first mission.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meal and good conversation   A meal and good conversation Empty

Back to top Go down

A meal and good conversation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nexus Dawn :: The Nexus :: Main Deck :: Dining Area-
Jump to: